Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Look! My first meme!

100 Questions


1. Do you like blue cheese?
I love it. I especially love the big containers of bleu cheese dressing we pick up at Sam's Club--that stuff is great over a salad or with buffalo wings.
2. Have you ever read a book in one sitting? Ummm...yeah. In fact, one of the most difficult things for me to accept about parenting is that I no longer have the option to just sit and read the day away.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. Your favorite song? Right now it's probably Here is Our King, by David Crowder Band. I also love the song We Live, by Superchick.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not really.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? My kids just had them for lunch. I'm not a huge fan unless they're grilled, preferably Hebrew Nation all beef.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Secular--Carol of the Bells. Sacred--Oh, Holy Night. Silly--Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Hot chai tea.
9. Can you do push-ups? Heh. No.
10. Favorite thing about the person who sent this to you? Chautona posted this on HearthKeepers, so I'm calling her the person who sent it. I love that she's real. And I can still wear the dresses she made me six years ago.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? The ring dh gave me for Christmas two years ago.
12. Favorite hobby? Scrapbooking. Nothing else even comes close...although I am enjoying blogging again.
13. Do you put butter on your popcorn? What's the point in eating popcorn without butter? Why even bother?
14. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't really think I--Look! Something shiny!
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Lack of follow-through.
16. Middle Name(s): Rachael
17. Name three thoughts right now: I really don't like these oversized dill pickles. I wonder if dh can make it home in time to go out tonight, since we have a sitter. I wish Spring would come.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. Last time I went shopping, grapes, breakfast cereal, and mung bean sprouts.
19. Name 3 things you drink on a regular basis. Not including water, diet Coke, chai tea, Mother's Milk tea.
20. Current worry right now? Dh's job situation and the stress that bleeds over into our home.
21. Current hate right now? Reality tv.
22. Favorite place to be? The Oregon Coast, my parents' house, and my very own kitchen.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Sleeping. What can I say? I'm old....
24. Where would you like to go? China, Britain, Chile, Israel.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Probably no one, since I don't think too many folks read my little blog.
26. Do you own slippers? Nope. If my feet are cold, I put on socks.
27. What shirt are you wearing? Red v-neck t-shirt with small button detail.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Ick--no, I can't stand them. I love flannel sheets in the winter, though, and then crisp cotton in the spring and summer.
29. Can you whistle? Yes.
30. Favorite color? Red.
31. Would you be a pirate? Only if I could be a pirate who doesn't do anything.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Lots of praise songs. Some hymns, too.
33. Favorite girl's name? That I haven't already used, Eleanor.
34. Favorite boy's name? Heh. After having five sons of my own and eight nephews, we've used all my favorites.
35. What's in your pocket right now? Maybe some lint?
36. Last thing that made you laugh? My daughter saying "Gobble, gobble" when I called her a turkey.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? I have no idea.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Breaking my arm while roller skating a week after finishing fifth grade. It was lousy to spend the summer in a cast, hot and itchy and no swimming, my favorite thing to do. Plus, I got the cast off just before sixth grade, so I didn't even get to show off my cast and get my friends to sign it.
39. Do you love where you live? I love my house. I don't love where I live, but it's where we need to be for now.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two, one in the family room and one in our bedroom. But since we dropped our satelite service, our bedroom tv hasn't been useable.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Probably my dh.
42. How many dogs do you have? None.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I think my little guy lurves me!
45. What is your favorite book? Um...only one? That's like choosing my favorite child...The Jesus I Never Knew, Persuasion, Ender's Game, A Severe Mercy, The Making of the Atomic Bomb, gods in Alabama, I Know This Much is True, Shards of Honor, The Ragamuffin Gospel, Desiring God...
46. What is your favorite candy? Peanut M&Ms
47. Favorite Sports Team? Boston Red Sox
48. What song do you want played at your funeral. It is Well With My Soul
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? It is too early to be awake, baby--go back to sleep!
51. Do you have a dishwasher? yes.
52. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors? Carpet, sadly. I miss the hardwood floors of our house in Oregon.
53. What room is your computer in? The kitchen
54. Are there pictures hanging in your living room? One, a painting of an ocean storm by dh's dad.
55. What personality trait gets on your nerves the most? Hypersensitivity.
56. What decade were you born in? The 70's.
56. Do you like to entertain? I like having over people for casual things--grilling out, things like that.
57. What were you doing exactly an hour ago? Homeschooling my three bigs.
58. Do you like to wear hats? Ball caps.
59. Last thing you read? My Simple Scrapbooks magazine.
60. Favorite website? http://www.hearthkeepers.com/ http://www.facebook.com/
61. Last person you emailed? A friend from church about the kids' upcoming soccer team.
62. Last person who emailed you? That same friend, letting me know where she buys shin guards for her kids.
63. Do you own any season DVDs? Nope. We have Netflix instant downloads, so we don't need to own our favorites.
64. Last thing you ate? Baby carrots
65. Favorite toy as a child? My doll, Pushka.
66. Have you ever ridden on a train. I went cross-country on the train when I moved home from Boston back to the Portland, Oregon area. I was thrilled to be coming home, but the four day trip was more than exhausting.
67. Favorite subject in school? English
68. What do you see out your window? More snow. Bleah.
69. Baths or showers? Who has time to take a bath?
70. Name of favorite cousin? Amy
71. Worst movie you ever saw? Se7en.
72. Biggest change this past year? Dh's diabetes diagnosis. Oh, and we had another baby. :-)
73. What hurts you the most? Seperation from people I love.
74. Biggest regret? Sin. I'm just too good at it. Disgusting isn't it?
75. Person from your childhood that you remember most fondly? My sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Geary.
76. What is the third digit of your current weight? 1
77. How many personal snail mail notes or letters have you sent in the past month? 5.
78. Favorite form of art? Pottery
77. Worst date you ever had? A very ugly evening last fall.
78. Second favorite color? Orange
79. Have you ever met anyone in person that you had first met online? Yes
80. Funniest person you know? My dh.
81. Last word you googled? dunno...
82. Favorite author? Living non-fiction--Philip Yancey. Living fiction--Orson Scott Card. Dead non-fiction--C.S. Lewis. Dead fiction--Jane Austen.
83. Favorite fictional character? Ender Wiggins, from Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game.
84. Last time you ate out? Sunday after church. Cheap Italian at Fazoli's--very nice.
85. The hardest thing you have ever done? Homeschooling three children who are not yet fluent readers while caring for an infant, a toddler, and a preschooler. Keeping a household running and everyone clothed and fed. Being a support to my dh in the midst of some extreme stress and difficulty. Doing all of the above while dealing with postpartum depression. Oh, wait, I'm doing all that right now!
86. Talent you wish you had? I wish I could write like the authors I love to read.
87. Are you a good cook? I'm okay. I'm working on getting better.
88. How do you like your eggs? Fried, with a runny yolk and toast.
89. Favorite vegetable? Artichokes and broccoli.
90. Are you a good speller? I'm okay. I can usually tell if something is spelled incorrectly, but I can't always spell it right. And it's a visual thing for me--I have to see it written down.
91. What should you be doing right now? Sitting in the kitchen while my kids finish school for the day, so I'm doing what I should be!
92. Pet Peeve: People who don't parent their children, but let them run wild in public. And then ignore their little Fifi trying to wake my sleeping baby.
93. Who is your hero? Elisabeth Elliot.
94. Nicest thing that happened to you today? Our friends who we trade babysitting with are coming over this evening to hang with our kids so dh and I can go out.
95. Favorite way to eat a potato? In potato soup. Or baked, with butter, sour cream, bacon, and cheese.
96. Do you have a blog? Heh...
97. Is your hair long or short? Short. And I'm not really happy with it, so I'm growing it out again.
98. What did you do last night? Hung out with the kids and dh.
99. Are you glad this is about done? Um, yeah.
100. Favorite question? Are you glad this is about done...

No comments: