Okay, so it's only for a meme, but I promise to start posting regularly again. I'm just dipping my toes back into the bloggy water with a meme first.
Snagged this off one of my favorite foodie blogs, What I Made For Dinner.
1. Last Movie You Saw In A Movie Theater? Not counting various outings to the drive-in, I believe the last movie I saw in an actual theater was 10,000 B.C. Suprisingly good, too.
2. What Book Are You Reading? A Monstrous Regiment of Women, by Laurie R. King. Second in the Mary Russell mystery series, and SUCH an enjoyable read. I actually got copies of the entire series from paperbackswap.com this time around, instead of getting them from the library for a fourth (or fifth?) time.
3. Favorite Board Game? Ticket to Ride
4. Favorite Magazine? Simple Scrapbooks and Cooking Light
5. Favorite Smells? Freshly shampooed baby heads
6. Favorite Sounds? silence, the ocean
7. Worst Feeling In The World? Being unable to fix my child/dh's hurts.
8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake Up? Sleep a little longer, baby--please!!! Mama is tired!
9. Favorite Fast Food Place? Panda Express and Taco Time, Subway when I'm being good.
10. If allergies/room/care were not an issue, what pet would you have? The same two kitties we already have, since allergies aren't a problem. If we ever move to the country and have some property, I would like to have a dog again, a good-sized one who would have space to run. I don't like little dogs very much, though.
11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money, I’d....hire a maid. Invest for my kids' future and our retirement. Hire someone to decorate our house, since I didn't get the home-decor gene. Have our basement finished, with a nice office space for dh and a playroom for the kids. Or maybe buy a new home with that already in place, and add a scrapbooking/crafting room for myself. Go home to Oregon at least twice a year, and bring my parents and sibs out for frequent visits. Pay off my sibs' student loans. How much money would this be, anyway?
12. What did you eat for dinner tonight? Pot roast in the crockpot for tonight. Also on the menu: oven-roasted diced potatoes, green beans, salad, and chocolate pudding.
13. What do you wish you'd eaten for dinner? Pad Thai. Pretty much could eat that six nights a week, but the kids would gripe, so I make other things, too.
14. Movie you love watching over and over again? The Hunt for Red October, Much Ado About Nothing, Steel Magnolias, The Incredibles, Miss Marple Mysteries, Pride and Prejudice (A&E)
15. What Was Your First Car? My youth leader's old Honda Accord
16. Favorite Drink? Icy-cold diet Coke with a lemeon or lime. Today, though, I've been drinking diet Dr. Pepper, and MAN is it good!
17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a lime, I Would... make Pad Thai. Or maybe Mexican. Nah, definitely Pad Thai.
18. What do you fear? My children getting hurt. Alzheimer's. Food poisoning.
19. If You could Dye Your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be? blue
20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived. Washington: The Tri-Cities. Oregon: Ashland, Medford, and a small town outside Portland. Massachussetts: Concord, Newton. Florida: Pensacola. Utah: suburbs of Salt Lake City.
21. Favorite Sport to Watch? Baseball. But during the Olympics, I watch gymnastics, diving, swimming, track and field, and beach volleyball.
22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You? She's a good cook, and writes engagingly about NYC and food.
23. What’s Under Your Bed? Nothing. The frame made the bed too high, so the boxspring is on the floor.
24. What are you currently hoping for? My dd to overcome her difficulties in reading and become a lover of books and learning, my sons to master toilet training, our church to find a large, affordable, convenient new facility, dh's traveling for work to slow down a bit, discovery of a great new sitter for my kids, restoration of some broken relationships. Oh, and whirled peas. Or something like that.
25. Morning Person or Night Owl? Used to be a night person. Now I have to get up early with my kids, but I'm still not a functional morning person without my caffeine.
26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? scrambled
27. Favorite Place to Relax? Oregon Coast. Or the library.
28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Coffee.
Tag! You're it!