Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Birthday breakfast

Today's birthday girl requested waffles for breakfast, a treat usually reserved for Saturday mornings when dh mans the waffle iron while I fend off the ravenous crowd. With today being a normal weekday (despite dh needing to take a sick day and sleeping on the couch), I had planned on our usual cold or hot cereal. But who could turn down this girl for anything, especially on the morning she turned eight?

Whole Wheat Waffles
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1.5 tsp salt
3 cups milk
4 eggs, beaten
1.5 sticks butter, melted (12 Tbsp)
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquids, stirring together quickly until mixed well. Bake in waffle iron, taking care not to overcook.
Tip: Kitchen scissors are great for cutting up waffles for short people.

1 comment:

Renee Shaw said...

Hi, my name is Renee. I stumbled across your blog whiel browsing. You definitly look like your hands are full! What are the ages of your kids? I am from Canada and I have 2 kids (2 & 10 mon). Please visit my blog and leave a comment if you like! If you don't mind I'd like to add you to my links, feel free to do the same! I love meeting new people!