Monday, May 19, 2008

Prince Caspian

Okay, I know I said in my last post that I wouldn't review Prince Caspian, since everyone else and their mother is already reviewing it, but I'm just too annoyed not to blog it.

I didn't like it.

It was okay. It WASN'T true to the book, in that the book wasn't one long battle after another. The movie seemed disjointed to me: battle, battle, quiet sincere moment, battle, battle, battle, quiet sincere moment, battle, chase scene, battle, battle, quiet scene, battle, battle, battle, romantic smooch, the end.

It was better than the BBC clunker, at least. And I thought they did Reepicheep very well. And the actors did a fine job, especially the actress who played Lucy.

I'd give it 2.5 stars out of five.

And, yes, if I hadn't read and loved the book I wouldn't be so disappointed. But, then, if I hadn't read and loved the book I wouldn't still be planning on purchasing the dvd when it's released, despite my feeling that the movie fell far short of its source material. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, especially given how well they did on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

No comments: