Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thinking about the year ahead

I've got a lot of crafting projects and goals, and am listing them here to keep them straight:

I'm most excited about Project 365, my major scrapbooking project of the year. I haven't bought the kit, and as of now it's sold out, but I'm loving the concept of a daily record of the year. I've got a Word file started and am taking daily pictures. I'm also debating blogging Project 365, since my blog has been so sadly neglected.

I'm also excited to get started on my own Library of Memories system. I already have and read through the book, and am looking forward to putting the thousands of photos I haven't scrapped yet into a usable system. As part of this ongoing project, I'll need to begin three (four?) School of Life albums, as well as the four basic albums Stacy recommends. I want to get my Christmas album current no later than Thanksgiving, too.

I need to decide if I'm going to re-do our wedding album, and, if so, get it done. My goal is to have it done and ready to show dh by our 10th anniversary this April.

I'm itching to learn how to use my new Photoshop software for digital scrapbooking. I don't anticipate becoming an exclusively digital scrapbooker, but I love so much about what I see others doing with Photoshop that I can't wait to get started.

I want to do a good deal more knitting. I'm happy I started knitting again this year, and want to get better at it. My goals as of now:
Finish the shawl I'm knitting myself
Finish the scarf I'm re-knitting for 7yodsC
Knit a hat for dh
Knit a hat for myself
Knit a hat for dd
Think about projects for next Christmas, and start early enough to complete them. Socks?

Other crafting projects:
Design and sew a cross stitch of Eccl. 4:9-12 for our wedding anniversary
Make a library book bag based off R's quilt-pattern bag
Finish the curtains for dd's room
Sew curtains for both boys' rooms
Think about making quilts. Maybe begin with a couple small projects--wall hangings and table runners?

Side editorial note: I dated this before the first of the year so it would go before my Project 365 posts. This was written on January 4, 2009

No comments: