I snagged this from Carmen at Mom to the Screaming Masses.
1. Was 2008 good for you? Yes
2. What was your favorite moment of the year? Surprising my dad with an unexpected visit for his 60th birthday. Best of all was introducing him to his youngest grandson.
3. What was your worst moment of the year? I can't say.
4. Where were you when 2008 began? Asleep in my bed. What can I say? I'm old. And boring.
5. Who were you with? Dh. He was asleep, too. We're pretty comfortable being boring together.
6. Where will you be when 2008 ends? Probably the same as last year.
7. Did you keep your New Years' resolution of 2008? No. Still have lots of weight to lose, and didn't manage to keep up with birthdays, etc., as I had planned.
8. Do you have a New Years resolution for 2009? Yes, the same as last year.
9. Did you fall in love in 2008? Stayed there.
10. If yes, with who? My guy. And, a little bit, my kids' new school.
11. Are you still in love? Yes
12. Did you breakup with anyone in 2008? No. Well, unless you count homeschooling.
13. Did you make any new friends in 2008? Yes, especially some of the women at my church.
14. Who are your favorite new friends? The women I've gotten close with at church.
15. What was your favorite month of 2008? April
16. Why this month? I got to go home to Oregon for a visit. I think this is when I started to turn the corner with the PPD, too.
17. Did you travel outside of the US (or your home country) in 2008? No.
18. How many different places did you travel to in 2008? Oregon
19. Did you miss anybody in the past year? Oh, yeah.
20. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? I'm not sure. Probably Twilight. Or Wall-E.
21. What was your favorite song from 2008? It's not from 2008, but my favorite song right now is We Live, by Superchick.
22. How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? None.
23. Did you have a favorite concert in 2008? n/a
24. What was your favorite book in 2008? Probably the Twilight series. I'm really enjoying rereading J.D. Robb's "In Death" series, too.
25. How many people did you sleep with in 2008? Oh, good grief. One grown man, and a revolving number of short people.
26. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Yes.
27. What was the biggest lie you told in 2008? Probably denying my own anger and hurt in trying to smooth over some difficult situations.
28. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? Yes.
29. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? Um. Yeah.
30. What was your proudest moment of 2008? When my 8yodd read an entire book to me.
31. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? I've blocked it out. I'm sure there were several--I'm pretty socially awkward at times.
If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be? Engaging in an couple unproductive and emotionally exhausting conflicts.
33. Where did you work in 2008? In my home.
Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? Law and Order (in all its incarnations) Battlestar Galactica, The Mentalist, and House.
Favorite Band(s) of 2008? David Crowder Band
Favorite Food in 2008? Pad Thai, especially since I've learned to make it at home. I love my version almost as much as I love Green Papaya Pho's.
Favorite Drink in 2008? Ice cold diet Coke, with a slice of lime
Favorite Place in 2008?
The Oregon Coast. Oh, of places I actually went? Then probably my church.
Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008? My dh, on a good day. Or our little guy. He's very snuggly and sweet.
Favorite person(s) to talk to in 2008? A toss-up between dh and a couple close friends.
Favorite trip in 2008? Going to Oregon in April.
Favorite stores in 2008? I don't shop for fun stuff anymore. I've been grateful for Walmart's low prices this year, especially for groceries. My Utah friends will understand why I shop at Ream's for produce.
Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008? Postpartum depression after the birth of my sixth, combined with some very un-fun family situations.
Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? When my 8yodd finally turned the corner with reading.
Funniest moment(s) in 2008? Probably one of the many times my baby did his bungee-style and balancing tricks with dh.