Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sanity break

17/365

I need to take the picture for today. I'll post it when I get it taken. I'm planning on a night-time picture of my favorite Chinese restaurant's neon sign.

Tonight I got out on a sanity break. When dh is out of town for a week at a time, it's vital for me to get out over the weekend and have a time where no one talks to me, other than offering to bring me more diet Coke. My favorite Chinese restaurant is my usual choice, where I can have a plate made to order at the Mongolian grill and sit for hours, reading a book and reveling in a few hours without responsibilities.

Being the mom of six young children is the joy of my life. I've chosen the life I lead, and I wouldn't trade it for all the money, fame, or success the world could offer. I treasure the time I spend bringing my little guys to the library, watching my twin guys design fantastic creations with nothing but plain paper and tape, and doing scrapbooking projects with my daughter. Planning cheap and healthy meals, doing the school run twice a day, and even the never-ending laundry is worth it.

But I do still need time alone. My dh has learned that everything goes better when I get a chance to recharge, and now makes certain that if all possible it happens. A couple hours once a week is usually enough, and I'm refreshed and ready to dive back into this crazy, wonderful life.

No comments: