Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Check this out

I just read one of the best blog posts I've ever read. Very convicting as I contemplate my gut reaction to being wronged, especially as it applies to my parenting.

Here's an exerpt:

I don’t go to church because I expect to be loved. I go to church to learn to love the irascible people who are called by the name Christian. This is one of the primary ways I worship Jesus. I realize that notion cuts against the grain - our cultural assumption is that we find a perfect, virtuous, loving church first, and then join it. Maybe that’s the right thing to do when we are new to the faith and need lots of nurturing, but at some point, we are supposed to become the spiritual grown-ups who can handle loving the cranks.

Come read the entire post.

No comments: