Friday, April 18, 2008

Soccer Season

Tomorrow marks a momentous day in our family--the day our three bigs begin playing soccer on our very first organized sports team. The three bigs are practically vibrating from excitement.

Today we need to purchase shin guards, cleats, water bottles, and a ball.

In my years of working as a nanny before marriage and having my own children, I spent innumerable hours transporting kids to and from soccer practices and watching them play. It quickly lost it's appeal, and I spent many years being grateful that I didn't have to spend time at the soccer fields I drove past with my small children. But now that my kids will be playing, I'm looking forward to watching them learn the game, and for them to have an outlet for their energy and competitiveness.

Time to break out the folding chairs and sunblock!

No comments: