Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nine Years

Nine years ago today, my dh and I promised God and each other that we would love each other till we were parted by death.

Today our life looks very different than what we expected when we slouched together on my parents' couch and planned out our future. Six children, eight job changes, five moves (one to another state), and major events in our extended family have all contributed to make our family what it is today.

When I was a new bride, I could not imagine we would lose some relationships precious to us. But perhaps that is why we hold onto each other even more, now. We now know in a very real way that nothing lasts except the grace of God by which we stand.*

So today we will celebrate our marriage and plan for the future. And we will continue to trust in the One who has proven Himself faithful, even when we are not.

*If you remember that Keith Green song, you, too, may be a child of Jesus People hippies!

No comments: